Have a story to share?
We want to send you to Louisville to tell it!
ADHA is excited to announce our third-annual Ted-Style Talk competition! Those chosen to present will participate in a CE session at our 96th Annual Conference in Louisville, KY this June. Complementary conference registration is provided*, along with the unique opportunity to work with Debra Zabloudil, a dedicated speaking coach, to perfect your talk.
“Presenting on the national level at a prestigious conference was an amazing experience. Working with Debra has helped me to develop more poise and diction with speaking. Debra is a wealth of knowledge and meeting her has been invaluable. Since the event, I have had an opportunity to present my story three times, describing my career journey and how the ADHA has played a role in my success as a new graduate.”
Alicia Murria, RDH
– 2017 TED-Style Talk Speaker
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for ADHA members to share a story about their career or life in a TED-Style Talk presentation at our conference to highlight the diverse group of individuals making up our national dental hygiene community and showcase all the different options available to today’s dental hygienists.
If selected, ADHA will cover your cost of registration for the conference and will support you with a coach to perfect your talk before June.
- Must be an ADHA member.
- Must be able to attend Annual Conference* and present from 10:15 – 11:15am on Sunday, June 23, 2019.
Audition videos should be no more than 3 minutes in length and submitted here no later than 11:59pm on February 15, 2019. Please note that the quality of your video will not be considered in the selection process!
Applicants must include the following information/answer the follow questions in their video:
- What inspired you to become a dental hygienist?
- What has been your favorite dental hygiene-related moment?
- Was there one pivotal point in time that changed the path you were on?
- What advice do you have for today’s new professionals?
- If you were not a dental hygienist, what career path might you have chosen?
note: You do not need to be a clinical dental hygienist to apply! We are looking to showcase all career paths, so diverse practice settings/industries are welcome.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I hope to see your submission video soon!
Manager of Member Engagement
* Please note that selected speakers will receive complimentary conference registration but must cover their own travel and lodging costs.